Applications for 2015 Grandparents Day event grants have now closed.
Sign up to our e-newsletter to receive updates about our 2016 event grants program.
Grandparents Day Grants
COTA NSW is offering a limited amount of grants of up to $750 to help you run your event. These grants are designed to help local community, sporting or social groups hold events in their communities.
We’ve seen the fantastic events that people across NSW have held over the years to celebrate and recognise grandparents and we want to give even more people the opportunity to do the same in their local communities. The Grandparents Day Grants are your chance to hold the best event you can think of this October for Grandparents Day 2015.
Grant application timeline
- Grant applications open Monday 22 June 2015
- Grant applications close Monday 14 September 2015 at 11.45PM
- Your organisation will be notified of the outcome of your application by email by Sunday 20 September.
- Successful applicants must sign and return the NSW Grandparents Day Grant Payment Form to receive the grant.
- Following the event, successful applicants must complete and return a Grandparents Day Event Evaluation Form and a Grandparents Day Acquittal Form
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I eligible for a grant?
Not-for-profit organisations, community groups/clubs, sporting groups/clubs, public schools, local councils and libraries in NSW are eligible to apply for grants. Groups that can demonstrate they are experiencing financial difficulties that could hamper their ability to hold a Grandparents Day event can also apply.
What kind of event can I hold?
Grants are available for any kind of event that relates to NSW Grandparents Day. For ideas read our Event Planning Guide or read about some of the fantastic events held by last year’s grant winners for Grandparents Day 2015.
When can I hold my event?
Grants are only available for events held between Thursday 15 October and Thursday 29 October 2015 (inclusive).
What can I use the grant for?
The grant can be used to assist with the costs of holding the Grandparents Day event. This includes food, beverages, promotion, entertainment, venue hire etc.
It cannot be used for the purchase of capital goods, gifts or domestic accessories such as tablecloths, napkins etc.
What if my application is unsuccessful?
Unfortunately there are a limited number of grants available for Grandparents Day 2015. If you are unsuccessful in your grant application we encourage you to approach local clubs, businesses or your local council for assistance to run your event.
How is the grant application assessed?
The grant application will be assessed based on the information provided in the grant application form.
In the awarding of these grants COTA NSW hopes to promote a diverse range of events across the state of NSW. Preference will be given to grant applicants who:
- come up with a unique or clever idea that may engage a large group in their community
- are holding an intergenerational event, involving people of all ages in their community
- are holding an event involving people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- are holding an event in a rural or remote area.
Sign up to receive the Grandparents Day e-newsletter to keep updated on the progress of Grandparents Day grants.